Saturday 7 August 2010

Between Us And Out There
















I have finally got round to piecing together some of my favourite recordings into a small release. The recordings heard within 'Between Us And Out There' are gathered principally over the past two summers and have lain deep in the tracts of my hard drive for some time. I became interested in trying to recreate an 'aural journey' by layering the recordings, however for the sakes of accessibility I have split the final result into seven individual tracks.

There are are many contributing factors going on within this work, the first two tracks for example convey a place of sunshine and an almost hallucinatory environment. I tried to gather those recordings where I just sat and listened in wonder at the world around me. Things such as the people, places and weather all play strongly throughout for me, hopefully some of that can be heard back as you listen.

Download the mp3s + album covers here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d899s95i6d3dlkn

No comments:

Post a Comment